I spent my entire night coughing rolling around on my bed, trying various breathing techniques to see what made my throat less irritated. Needless to say this morning I was in need of some coffee and this delicious beverage.
I love me some ginger! Nothing like outsourcing to natural remedies versus taking shitty cold medicine that is usually filled with carbohydrates and sugar. So, instead of wasting my macros I turned to ginger. Not to mention a hot beverage helps to break down all that nasty built up mucous. So, lets cheers to that and drink up!
· Pot of water (I probably did 4-6 cups worth)
· Juice of 1 lemon
· 1 inch ginger root
· 5-7 mint leaves
· Stevia or Honey to taste (Both optional)
1. Heat water in pot to boiling
2. Meanwhile peel and chop ginger into smaller pieces
3. Turn off heat and add in ingredients
4. Let steep 10-12 minutes, strain and enjoy
"Result Filters." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 09 Mar. 2016.
"Result Filters." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 09 Mar. 2016